Monday, January 19, 2009

Hallelujah!

First of all, an admission. I realize that it is my kids and pictures of my kids that carry this blog. So my readership, I'm sure, has been dwindling in recent weeks since all I've had to offer is a whole lot of blabber. Sorry. But hold tight! In just 5 short days it is going to look like Cinderella threw up all over our house when we celebrate Molly's 3rd birthday. In true princess fashion, of course. Now that's gotta make for great photo opps. Rest assured.

Until then, however, all I've got is more talk. Because I'm sure that you've all been waiting with baited breath to see if I fell off the wagon during my 14 day 'diet'. Which, from here on out, I choose to refer to as a 'cleanse'. That sounds so much less fad-like and more total body healthish, don't you think?! (Thanks, CB!) Anyway, yesterday was day 14. The end. Did I stick to it? Absolutely. Did I cheat? Not once. (Except for my tablespoon of coffee creamer each morning in week 1.) Was I miserable? Actually...no! Granted, the first 2-3 days were rough. I was grumpy. Very grumpy. But then it just kind of became...easy. And I didn't even have to lock myself in the house to resist temptation. I went to a birthday party. Didn't eat. Still had fun. I went to Mom's Night Out. Only had a salad. And still enjoyed the conversation. I got busy, I got stressed, I served my kids plenty of fruits and grains and even sweets, but still I held fast to my 2 week resolve. And I did it! Now does that mean I'm not dying to have a piece of 'San Juan Island Nine Grain' toast? No, I am! Oooh, and my beloved Nutella. Yum. But at least I feel like I'm back on track. And I've got some forward momentum, which is motivation in itself to keep on working at it. And speaking of work, regular exercise has found its way back into my schedule, too. Joy. I'm sorry, I'll do it because I know that it's good for me, but I do not EVER experience the 'runner's high' that everyone talks about! Not ever.

And finally, I'm sure you're all wondering how much weight I lost..........

7 pounds.

Amen.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I keep trying to reboot myself in that direction (today was going to be no carbs). But I had a banana/blueberry smoothie and a small bowl of Kashi. Still clean stuff, but going to try again tomorrow.

:) thanks for the motivation! Great work Judy!

Michelle said...

Good job Judy! Congrats...although you don't look like you even need to lose 7 pounds. I'm impressed with your willpower.

Paige Lomas said...

great work!!!! post the recipe. I know it is easy, but you still should. I am soooooo jealous. You may not experience the "runner's high" but some of us experience the "green monster" when other lose weight. But I am still very proud of you. Not easy for anyone...regardless of how much they want to lose and their body type. way to go!!!