Friday, December 14, 2007

We Wish You a Merry Christmas...again...and again...and again...

Today was the day I've been waiting for since I started teaching almost 10 years ago...a chance to be on the other side and wear my parent "hat" rather than my teacher "hat". The event--Christmas caroling downtown on 3rd Street. The cast--Grayson's preschool. Dave, Molly, and I had the pleasure of joining in, too.

The event itself was crazy, chaotic, and unorganized, which drove the teacher in my CRAZY! But as a parent I stood back and reveled with tears in my eyes as my 4-year-old, who it seems was just learning to say "Ho! Ho! Ho!", marched up and down the street with a spring in his step and a jingle bell in his hand. (Notice I said nothing about him actually singing. Apparently he will only sing Jingle Bells over and over at the top of his lungs for OUR listening pleasure at home.)

Well after at least 2 dozen times of NOT singing Jingle Bells, Rudolph, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, we headed back to TLC with rosy cheeks and fingers too cold to feel. There we enjoyed a fun lunch with all of Grayson's school friends before heading home to rest. I love wearing my parent "hat"!


Speaking of hats, each child got to don an elf hat.



Grayson with his good friend, Autumn. It's so fun that these 2 are friends. Pre-kids we used to be backyard neighbors with Autumn's parents, Zac and Amy, on McDonald Lane. That was 2 houses ago for us, so unfortunately we ultimately fell out of touch with our friends from the old 'hood. So we were really excited when we found out that our kids were in the same preschool class. And as luck would have it, they naturally gravitated toward one another and have formed a special friendship of their own.


Such jolly little elves!




By this point, we were too cold to be jolly!

No comments: