Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Buddies

Since this is my day to get caught up on blogging, I couldn't not include some pictures of these two:

A new kind of Tinkerbell ;)

And yes, he naps with those goggles on, too!



Playing with playdough is a favorite afternoon activity at our house. Playing playdough with friends is even better! The dialogue that day went something like this:

(a LONG pause of silence)
Molly: "Tarter, I wuv you."
Carter: "I wuv you, too Mowee."
(more silence)
Molly: "Tarter, I wuv you."
Carter: "I wuv you, too Mowee."


I'm so wild about them! (Brace yourself, I'm about to have another reflective moment. Again.) In the beginning, before M and C even made their arrivals into this world, I wondered if they'd ever be able to develop the same kind of bond that their older brothers have shared since birth. One, because of the boy/girl thing, and two, because I knew that the daycare situation would be different. I knew they wouldn't be together every day year after year. It wasn't a worry or fear, just something I wondered about.

And the verdict? Best buddies. The boy/girl thing? Not even an issue. Other than the fact that C is really protective of his sweet M and M likes to be his bossy "mother hen". And now as they've closed out their toddler days and are rounding the corner into preschool-hood, they are more fun than ever to watch and listen to.

Here's to many more afternoons spent with friends!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE Carter's Tink costume! That puts a whole new spin on that character. :) Cute conversations too. Priceless...

Sarri said...

SO so so cute and funny. I love their conversations too. I love that they are such sweet friends!

Paige Lomas said...

I want Molly to call him Tarter forever!!!!!