Monday, January 30, 2012

Parker's 'Village'

Much of Parker's BIRTHday is a blur to me (drugs, nausea, and numbness--oh my!) but I do know that on that day and the couple that followed, so many of our favorite people came to welcome our sweet boy into the world.

These pictures are in no particular order because, frankly, I don't have the energy to fight with 'blogger' tonight...but I'm thankful to have a partial record of those who came. I say "partial" because sadly we missed snapping a pic of several friends. Boo! But to each who came (and the many more who were with us in spirit) we felt your love and friendship in a strong way. How blessed we are and how blessed our kids are to have all of you!


Allison. She's one of my go-to baby snugglers if/when I need a break. But I also love that sometimes she just shows up on my doorstep to get her fill of sweet baby. :) Having favorite friends as neighbors really is the best!


Uncle Jason. He is such a good, fun uncle. Parker has a lot to look forward to!


My mom. We will forever be grateful for how much she does to help out our family. She truly is an amazing grandma.


Papa.


"Auntie" Sarri. First in the waiting room EARLY that morning. Thank you, friend. I hope you know just how much you mean to our family (because any words that I could come up with right now would just fall short). Love you.

This next family--they are the kind of people who you can always count on. And though we don't often run in the same circles anymore (different churches, different schools, and different seasons of life these days), the friendship between us runs deep. And the past keeps us connected. It didn't surprise me one bit that they were there with open arms to welcome sweet Parker, just like they were there almost 9 years ago with Grayson. Thank you, DG and Brady (and Katie and Anna).

Katie. Such a beautiful, smart girl...who I used to hold in MY arms when she was a baby!


Brady.


Anna. Seems like just yesterday that SHE was the baby! Sigh.


DG. Love you, friend!


Zac.


Isaac.


Abby.


Josh. Um. I have no words for this picture other than "what happened to my baby?!" He looks like he just lost the UFC title bout!


Sweet Carter.


Garrett.


James.


Joel. We've never called him "Uncle" like we call Sarri "Auntie", but he is just as much like family to our kids! And, more than once, we have fallen victim to the phrase "I wish Joel was my dad." Ha! Ha! We're just thankful that our kids do love him as much as they do!




"Auntie" Sarri. She kept finding a reason to come back, and we're so glad she did! ;)




Maddy. Another beautiful, smart, sweet girl...who could potentially make a lot of money off of us during her prime babysitting years!!! Can't wait! :)

Like I said, there were many others who came, too. Nana Pam, Rich, Michelle, Morgan, Nathan, Jonathan, Lacey, Brooklynn, Crew, Rhonda, CB, Jon...how we can't wait to tell Parker his story and how all of you were there. For him.

Welcome to the "Village", sweet Parker!

6 comments:

Sarri said...

Ah! I haven't checked into google reader for a loooonnnnngggg time. LOVE the Birth Story post. Had me crying! We love you guys too! And that sweet baby boy- YUM. xoxoxoxo

Preface Communications said...

Nice Blog -This blog is beautify my info and required details which really great matter of admiration and worth praising - Net Life Sciences, Net Life Science Coaching Delhi, Net Life Science Coaching

Unknown said...

I Recommend this website, It has all AIOU assignments on it AIOU all Assignments

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Die besten Selfies, jeden Tag neue Bilder!

http://smartphonebeziehung.blogspot.de/

Gurukulam said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well. Thanks for sharing this information.
Mathematics Coaching Institute in Delhi