Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This and That...

Oh goodness, where does time go? In the beginning it was so easy for me to keep this blog current and up to date. Now...not so much. The kids are still busy and cute as ever and dropping memorable "one liners" right and left--you know, those things they say that crack you up or melt your heart and you think to yourself "I really should write that down..."? Doh! The act of doing and not just thinking is my quandary. But let's see what I can recall from recent weeks...

Talking to Molly these days is like a game. Here, you play. Try this one:

Molly: "Tarter (Carter)!.. Wap (lap)... No! No! (with a giggle)"

Make meaning from those 3 words. Did you come up with, "Carter sat on my lap in the shopping cart at Safeway, and Sarri told him, "No! No!"?

Well don't worry because if you don't/didn't get it on the first guess, she'll repeat the clues for you at least 50 more times in the course of a day. She's so sweet that way! :)

Oh, now this is more to test your deciphering skills:

2 words--"ickeey" and "inkeey"

For 10 points you should have read "Mickey" and "binky". The teacher in me has vowed NOT to freak out (yet) over the fact that the girl speaks without initial consonants! Instead I choose to believe that, like I said, it's just a little game we play...

Grayson, on the other hand, is more articulate with his words. For example, the other day Dave and I were in the middle of a conversation. Apparently Grayson was trying to get our attention, but the pleas of "Mom?" "Dad?" "Excuse me..." fell on deaf ears.

"I COMMAND YOU to listen!", however, coming out of our 4 year old's mouth, seemed to do the trick (and had us rolling in laughter on the floor). What 4 year old says, "I command you..."?

No comments: