Friday, May 15, 2009

Who knew...

that the folks at Disney would want us to visit their "park" again so soon???



But really, you entice me with free air travel (thanks to air miles), a 50% off hotel rate, 5-for-3 park hopper tickets, plus some free dining thanks to MyPoints.com, and what's a girl supposed to do? Really now.

So yes, as awful as it sounds (to some people) that my 6 year-old has already been to the "happiest place on earth" 4 times, the truth is that we, thanks in part to my savvy bargain hunting, are able to do almost a week at Disneyland for no more than what many other family vacations would cost. (Okay, okay, Hawaii was still a tad bit out of our price range this summer.) And we love it. Well, 3 of us LOVE it, and 1 of us falls into the "if it makes my kids (and wife) happy, then it makes me happy" category. Hee hee. We'll call it a strong likeness for the mouse, falling just short of love.

The kids of course are very excited, especially since we missed out on the April trip with our friends. Sadly, the timing of that trip was bad for us, in terms of having (or not having) any paid vacation time left. April is like Dave's December at work--paid vacation hours don't start re-accumulating until May. Go figure. (And I just won't mention (although I will) that I have been holding onto a personal day of leave all year to be able to attend Grayson's end-of-year kindergarten field trip, only to find out this week that HIS field trip is the same day as MY kindergarten field trip!!! Ggrrr.)

But come June 22nd, we will kick off summer vacation (and yes, summer vacation will JUST be starting...darn snow days!) with a trip to the Land. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Okay, if Grayson is reading this, I want to set a good example in acceptance so...I'm sooo happy for you and I accept that you are going to the happiest place on Earth and am excited for you. Judy, if you are reading this I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I WANNA GO!!!!!!!! Okay, tantrum over. Seriously, excited you guys get to go again. Ryan and Grayson are definitely going to be the masters of all things Disney by the time they get to high school as we've also managed to squeeze in 4 trips to Disney in his 6 years of life. There could be worse things. Have a great time!