Saturday, September 19, 2009

Off and Running!

So the 09/10 school-year is well underway, and in my new true fashion I'm way late with the first day pics. The first day of FIRST GRADE! Still, I can hardly believe it. And still, some afternoons Miss M and I find ourselves longing for our best 6 year-old play buddy. But alas, he's hit the big time--school ALL day! And while he was EXHAUSTED by the end of each day during his first week, he has handled the adjustment in stride. I'm so proud of him, and I'm excited for the year that he's going to have.


Happy and excited for our first day.


Miss M--not one to be left out!


iphone pic. Just pretend we blurred everyone's faces to protect their anonymity. Ha! The smile on G's teacher's face? That's why we love her...because she genuinely loves our boy!


Classmates reunited. And apparently happy about it!


Getting right to work.


Again, can't leave this girl out! In some ways it's hard to believe that her first day of school is still 2 years out! (In other ways I already want to crank back the hands of time and slow it down a little! Or a lot.)

Two weeks in and yes, life is crazy again. No 2 days are the same in terms of our schedule, but it's kind of a familiar normal. Almost comfortabe. G loves school, M loves her daily playdates (THANK GOD for our friends), I am happy in my new home away from home (a.k.a. my classroom), and Dave just does his best to keep up--delivering kids here, there, and everywhere!

And now? Now we just hold our breaths 'til the swine flu hits and our schedules REALLY get complicated! Ha! Ha!

No comments: