Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Getting of the Christmas Tree

It was a crisp, cool, and CLEAR day here in McMinnville yesterday--the perfect day to go pick out a tree. Because none of us has the energy to keep with up with Molly, we decided to forego the forest (a.k.a. Fox Ridge Tree Farm) experience this year and instead set out toward the nearest "lot" of already cut trees. Mind you, the "lot" was a mere 5 minutes from our house. And here's what happened:



Knew we should have made the poor boy take a nap!




Dave and Molly get all the glory here in the picture, but I will have you know that I actually picked out this perfect tree! In like less than 2 minutes. And if you know me very well, you know that I can spend more time picking out a bag of salad in the grocery store than it took me to arrive at this tree. My husband was quite shocked and pleased. By the way, he hates going to the grocery store with me. If bagged salad takes longer than 2 minutes to get, then imagine how much time selecting avocados can take!











Phew! Grayson finally got in on the action.



And then at one point, the kids disappeared while Dave and I were in the house trying to get the tree into the stand. Pitch black dark outside, and there they were in the John Deere tractor! Funny kids.




Done!




Couldn't pass up posting a couple of shots of these 2 cuties!

1 comment:

Sarri said...

I was thrilled to click on your blog and have an update! Too cute! Molly looks like such a big girl these days, doesn't she?