Thursday, May 8, 2008

Here we go...

Today I am taking my son down to the community center to register him for kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN!!! I can hardly believe it. I mean I know that he's ready, but a piece of me hates to let go of him. It just feels like time is moving too fast. Call me naive and short-sighted, but the other day when my principal and I were discussing Grayson and our school's 'two-way Spanish immersion program'--(which, by the way, I'm all for bilingualism, but I'm not completely sold on kids NOT learning to read and write in their native language)-- he said, "You have to think about where he's going to be at (both language-wise and skill-wise) in 7th grade and beyond." But see, that's the thing...I don't want to think about him as a 7th grader!!!

Not one bit.

No comments: