Monday, June 9, 2008

32. Really?

So it's my birthday. There will be no theme (though my son, for the life of him, cannot understand why one wouldn't choose a "kind" of birthday to have), no balloons, no party games, generally no 'hoopla'. Just a simple night at home spent with a couple of friends and some take-out. And for this exhausted mom, wife, and teacher who is just trying to survive the end of this crazy school-year, that will be just fine. Perfect, actually.

Normally when it's someone else's special day, I write about them or to them--special words meant just for that person on his/her special day. But on this, MY special day, all I can think about is someone else--my husband. I've been married to him for 10 birthdays now. We've been thru braces together (which, ironically, we'll be going thru those again together...grrr!...but that's for another post), a wedding, new jobs, a few houses, and the births of our 2 beautiful children, among other things. And thru all of that--the good times, the bad times, and the downright crazy times--he has done nothing but treat me like gold. I truly am a lucky gal. How thankful I am that he lets me work far more than a half-time paid employee should, just so that I can feel like an adequate teacher. And at night time, it's Daddy who tends to Molly when she cries or Grayson when he's restless, just because he knows how much I like my sleep (and it makes me a more adequate mommy the next day). How lucky am I? And when tough times hit earlier this year and Dave's hours got cut back at work, there was no hesitation on his part as he immediately sought a second job, just to take care of his family in the best possible way. And he does take care of us--me, the kids, anyone he knows and cares about. And although 2 little words fall lightyears short of expressing everything that my soul truly feels, I just have to say..."thank you."

Thank you, Dave, for a wonderfully perfect birthday and for being the wonderfully perfect man that you are. I am blessed.

Now let's go eat cake!

This is what I happened upon in the kitchen last night. I tell ya, I really am a lucky gal!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy #32 Judy! Sounds like you had a great day. Just think only a few more days until you are on vacation. Yay!!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Judy! I loved your post - the blessings of good husbands and wonderful kids is the best blessing of all. Who could ask for anything more?

Stefanie said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Judy!

What a great husband and friend he is!!

I love learning more about you guys - and have been thinking and wondering about you guys lately with knowing just a little about what happened with Premier.

I am praying for you guys!!

Seriously, what a great guy!!

*Side note - I am not surprised that you are putting in extra hours Judy. I would be doing the same too ~ it must be an inner struggle. DON'T work TOO hard girl and HURRAY for summer.

Stefanie said...

Just realized that I said guy or guys four times - great word usage, stef!