Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Awwww......Summer.

I know, the story of my life lately...I'm behind again! In fact, can I even be considered a true "blogger" anymore??? Probably not. Sad to say, but this writer at heart just, well, can't seem to find the words to write anything! And nope, I won't even blame it on a lack of time because that's the thing, it's summer, and the glorious part is that we have tons of time on our hands! So while I could be writing posts, I've been choosing to be very lazy instead. And it has been wonderful! Yes, there have been busy days, too, but busy by choice. Like our trip to Disneyland. We've decided that we love kicking off the summer season with a trip, but then July...that's our 'exhale' month, so to speak. Awwww. Very few days this month have we had to do anything. It's whatever we choose to do, and we've done a lot! There have been day treks to the beach, hiking adventures, berry picking, lots and lots of trips to the park(s), play dates, and picnics. Couple that with just as much time spent in our jammies, morning cartoons, afternoon movies, and some computer games in between and you've got the makings of a pretty perfect July. In my book.


And notice I didn't even mention sports camp(s)? Nope, we haven't done a single one this summer! Or art camp. Or science camp. Or... And, phew, dare I say my kids are still well-rounded! Ha! Ha! Someday I know there may come a summer when the kids will want to take part in those activities, but this apparently isn't the summer! (Thank goodness, too, because soccer camp is this week and it's FREAKING HOT outside! 105 degrees hot! Soccer? No, thank you.)


I guess the fact that this summer has been so enjoyable up until now is the reason that I don't dread August--when summer comes to a close and the school-year revs up. We have done everything that we said would be fun, plus we're looking forward to a couple more weekend adventures. So there will be no regrets this summer. No wasted days. Awwww. Feels good.

No comments: