Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh, A-Hiking We Will Go!

Okay, so I'm trying to keep my feet wet in the blogging world. Because like I already mentioned, we are having such a good summer--I want to be able to look back and remember all the fun things we did! Case in point--our recent hike to Drift Creek Falls.

That particular hike was a first for all of us, and the kids especially loved it. And Dave and I loved that it was a relatively easy trek because we suspected that one of us (Dave) would be hauling Miss Molly most of the way back up. We were right. But G, thankfully, was a trooper. Next time we'll know to throw water shoes and changes of clothes into the backpack--the kids would have loved to play in the water more.
(Sorry about the grainy iphone pics...)


Good thing she's light (and cute)! And also a good thing (for her) that she's got Daddy wrapped around her finger! :)


Gulp. The suspension bridge.


Pardon the railing obstruction. While my 6 year-old had no qualms with the height or the sway of the bridge, I, um, did. I didn't have it in me to actually lean out over the railing to snap a picture.


Happy hikers.


Notice that LOTS of other people had the same idea! It really was a beautiful day.

No comments: