Monday, November 9, 2009

This is why God gave me a girl!



I will admit that after Grayson's first 2 years of life, I concluded that I was meant to be a mother of boys. One could say that I was merely trying to convince myself that it would be okay to have just boys and never a girl. But really, it wasn't like that. I really thought that my destiny was to raise boys. I guess maybe it was because it just felt so natural to have Grayson. I felt like I knew what I was doing (boy was I a naive first-time parent, eh?!) and, after all, I even mastered the art of dressing a boy (a.k.a. the art of making jeans, khakis, and too many rugby's to count look good over and over again!).

I was so convinced that only boys were in my future that it shocked the 'you know what' out of me to hear the ultrasound tech announce that, in fact, we were having a girl. A girl. Who would probably like pink, princesses, and pony tails. Pony tails. Right. What if I couldn't do pony tails? Or remember that the tights were supposed to go on over the onesie? (I think.) Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I am a girl, and I had tons of girly toys growing up, but in my adulthood I've kind of gotten away from my girly-ness. Maybe it could just be called laziness, but I'll take a pair of jeans over a skirt any day. And heels? What heels? Fancy jewelry? Don't have any. Lipstick? Rarely. Eek! All I could do was pray that some how, some way I'd figure how to do pony tails and where to put all those hair "pretties" that match the tights that match the shirt, that match the skirt...

Oh who am I kidding?!? I was most definitely meant to be the mom of a girl! Molly Girl. And to see her in that adorable little tutu with her tiny little ballet shoes....oh, be still my heart. I don't think it gets much better than that. And will I always cry when she prances across the stage? Seriously my heart just wanted to burst open the whole time, it was so dang cute!






Aren't they the most adorable little pair? Yes, they really are only 4 months apart. 4 months.



Sweet Abby is the whole reason that Molly got to experience her first dance class. It was 'Bring a Friend Week', so Molly got to go along. And Molly LOVED it. The countdown is now definitely on 'til she turns 4 and can actually enroll in the class. Guess I better get my tissues ready!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

All I have to say is ME TOO! Tonight Maisie had on one of Daphne's old costumes from a ballet recital and she was so cute in it. She wants to wear it for Christmas and I was about to tell her yes, even tho it is teal and pink!

Good thing Ms. Mais is now dancing too. Daphne, however has sadly but excitedly chosen tumbling over ballet. I almost wanted to pay for both just for my sake, but Mike brought me back to our pennies reality:)

Michelle said...

I can tell you that even when the little girls grow up and dance across the stage when they are older, Mom still gets a little flutter of excitement. Sometimes I find myself remembering that awkward little dancer when she was 5 and now she is 13 and ever so graceful on stage. :) Here's to many fun years of dancing and tutus ahead for you.