Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Proud Mama

So yesterday Grayson was playing with the pretend kitchen in the toy room. After much discussion about the job of a waiter versus the job of a chef, he decided to play the role of chef. Several minutes later:

Grayson: "Mom, I want to write a recipe."
Mom: "Good idea."
G: "You know, like you might need 1 cup of flour."
M: "Absolutely. You could start by writing a '1'."
G: "And I know that 'flour' starts with 'f'."

So after just a couple of minutes of me telling (not showing) him what letters he'd need, he came into the kitchen where I was working to show me this:



I was so impressed by the look of his writing but even more excited about the connections that he is making! He knows that words have purpose and yes, of course a chef would need a recipe! He even added a speech bubble--not sure about that one, but hey, he called it by name and it does, indeed, look like a speech bubble! Yahoo, my little writer! Kindergarten, here you come (after those dreaded 5-year-olds shots...ugh).

**Okay, only a kindergarten teacher would post something like this. Guilty.

No comments: