Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Felt Just Like It Was Yesterday...

Okay, maybe not, as I was flanked by a teenager on each side. And heavens to Betsy I definitely don't feel like a teenager anymore...though that's what I was 13 years ago, the LAST time I sat in a chair at the orthodontist's office! Today I'm a 32-year-old mom of 2 with some weird, unexplainable bone decay in my mouth that apparently braces will fix. I'll spare you all of the details...it would take too long to explain the history of my ONE tooth in question, and you probably wouldn't believe me anyway! I've gone thru everything with this stupid tooth, from having a spring with a gold dangly chain attached to it (not kidding) to a root canal during which the dentist broke off the tip of his tool and the said tip lodged itself into my root while the dentist simultaneously stormed out in frustration, left me with my mouth wide open, and refused to finish that day (hello?!? ) to hanging upside down (literally) in the endodontist's chair while the endodontist (have you ever even heard of an endodontist?) took the time to call my dentist to tell him how excited he was to discover the puzzling condition in my mouth (that being the bone decay). Oh but wait, I said I wouldn't go into detail...

Well today the saga continued as I found myself once again in the orthodontist's chair having my spacers put in. Lovely. For the next week I get to feel like I have meat grizzle stuck in my teeth. But I suppose that's not as bad as what I will feel like for the next 12 months once my braces are actually on! Next Wednesday, by the way. And no, I will NOT be color coordinating with the holidays!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, sounds like such a FUN, FUN time. Sorry I missed out on all of the fun. Hope they get that bone decay for good! Are you sure you don't want to go with a pattern of red, green, red, green for the Christmas season? Think of the enriched learning experience your classroom would have in patterning. :)

Judy said...

Ha, Ha, very funny, Michelle! :)

Paige Lomas said...

sounds like it will be fun! Just think how your school wardrobe will be "all new" with braces! Maybe you should go with the vintage look...silver, big and bold! forget the color!

Paige Lomas said...

this is for michelle...i can't post on your blog...I am not a "team member"...sorry Judy to use your blog to get to Michelle.

Robin said...

Grayson will probably think you are way cool!
Seriously though, as a former dental assistant, this is something I've never heard of before. I hope this fixes your problem once and for all.