Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gearing Up

Oh my goodness, I'm falling behind in the blogosphere! I promise to update soon! For now I'll just give you a quick run-down of what we've been up to. I figure that since my last post was titled "Winding Down" (as I wrote about the last days of summer), then this post should reflect the first few days of the new school-year.

It's hard to believe that I've been back at it for a week now. And back at it full-time! For a half-timer, let me just tell you that 7 or 8 full days in a row is brutal! But all is well. Grandma and Papa were here last week, and the kids had a ton of fun. 4 parks in 3 days--Dave and I don't even have THAT much stamina! So thank you, Mom and Dad. It means so much to us to have you here each August. You are amazing grandparents. Grayson and Molly are so lucky!

Speaking of Grayson, this is BIG! Our boy, in the course of 15 minutes last night, figured out how to ride his bike without training wheels!!! He is one excited and proud 5-year-old. I guess I can't deny any longer that he is definitely ready for kindergarten. Tomorrow is the big day. For 5 years now I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that as a teacher, I will not be able to hand deliver my son on his first day of school. But I know he'll be fine. And Daddy will do a great job. And take pictures. And remember ALL of the important information discussed at the parent orientation session. Oh crap. I really should be there, huh?!!!! :)

Just kidding, Daddy!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Grayson! You'll have to teach Ryan your trick. He is not quite ready to let go of those training wheels. Judy, we can't wait to see you tomorrow! Ryan has been so excited all day today talking about his class and his new teacher who "has my name". Good luck to Grayson (and to Daddy remembering all that IMPORTANT info!).

CB said...

Yeah, Grayson! Maybe Isaac will want to try no-training wheels again when he hears of Grayson's success!

I missed him this morning, even though Isaac and I were there - we were busy sharpening pencils and making folders in the 2nd grade class room. Tomorrow Isaac finally gets his first day!

Stefanie said...

Hope you are doing okay!

Been thinking of you and your kindergarteners and your favorite new kindergartener!!

Paige Lomas said...

The things we entrust to our husbands...and by golly, they still turn out just fine! It may not be "our" way, but our kids do survive just fine! I missed CJ's first day too...granted he is in 3rd grade, but the first day of school is sooooooo important! I can't believe that one day they will just want to be dropped off...like Michelle's C. Yikes...I can't even think about that!