Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Kid on the Block

For the last 3 years, Columbus Elementary has been termed "Maddy's school" or "Sissy's school" in our house (referring to our sweet friend Maddy who *holy moly!* is in 3rd grade this year). But friends, let me tell you, there is a new Columbus Cougar on the block this year, and he couldn't be more excited about it!


I really don't think you could capture a cuter 'first day' photo. Can't you tell in his face EXACTLY how he's feeling? Our little guy was so ready for this day. My-oh-my how things have changed. The first day of preschool brought MANY tears and a death grip around Daddy's leg. First day of kindergarten? No problemo. Bring it on!


And here is the woman who has replaced me as being the 'all-knowledgeable knower of everything, couldn't possibly EVER be wrong' gal in Grayson's life. His teacher. Enough said. Seems they always know more than mom and dad, right? That's okay, we couldn't be more thrilled about her!

Now right about here is where I would post the ADDITIONAL pictures from Grayson's ever so important FIRST day of school--the FIRST day that he will NEVER have again! Ever.

Uh huh. You guessed it. No more pictures. Did I mention that Daddy took him to school?

But alas, we can kind of cheat because really Friday was the first day of school with ALL of the kindergarteners present, so we can kind of call it the first day, right? Right? So here are a few more to help me remember this big momentous occasion (even if they were taken on the second day of school)...




Neighbors, play group friends, preschool buddies, and now kindergarten classmates. Grayson and Isaac will have so much fun this year!!!

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

How exciting - you are going to be so on top of all his academics this year:)...

Part of me wishes Daphne could have gone this year too - but she'll just be super ready and successful next year!

Go Grayson!!

Michelle said...

I'm glad that Grayson had a super first day. I can't believe our guys are Kindergarteners! I'm glad that you were able to get those additional first day photos as they will be pretty special later on. I can attest that the Kindergarten teacher ALWAYS knows more than Mom & Dad...6 years ago you were that person, and something tells me that we might be competing for rightness again this year. :)

CB said...

Funny, I only have 2 pictures of Isaac first day too - both with him squinting in front of the Columbus sign out front. None with his teacher or even in his classroom...guess who took him???

And I forgot my camera the second day. It was so cute to see all four boys walking down the hall, hand-in-hand. Ug! where is my camera when I need it!!!

Paige Lomas said...

He is going to have a great year! We are lucky to have him at Columbus! He is going to be a great Cougar. I will keep my eye out for him report as needed!

Sarri said...

So cute. I am so glad they are all so happy!! I can't believe we don't have any pictures of G and G together the first day!!!!