Thursday, September 25, 2008

5 or 15?

So on Tuesday we headed down to the fields for Game 2 of what may or may not be Grayson's illustrious soccer career. Now don't get me wrong, he LOVES it, but...well...let's just say that he is not currently the team stand-out. Although he did stand out wearing the ever so cool rainbow sherbet goalie shirt!




He must not be too much like his mother. I mean, he asked to be goalie. He asked to have all eyes on him and have to actually make contact with the ball. Me? Never. You know those daisy pickers on the field? Well I think that's a fine, upstanding position to play. I mean, really, someone has to pick the daisies! But enough about me. As for Grayson, I love that he's giving the sport all he's got. And I love that he's really taking the concept of "team" to heart. Those are his boys!
And speaking of his boys, here they all are after the game. Their own table, no less! Just like a bunch of 15 year-olds, these 5 year-olds were whooping it up (in a 5 year-old appropriate kind of way). No talk of girls...yet...just all the things that would make a 5 year-old laugh hysterically. And if you know a 5 year-old, then you know that doesn't take much! :)

Here are a couple more of my favorite pics from the day:
G and his boys (minus Isaac)
Next game is on Saturday. Pray for sun!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like he is having a great time. Those goalie shirts are WILD. :) Don't worry too much if he doesn't score a goal right away...even Michael Phelps had to start somewhere.

Paige Lomas said...

love the pictures! Looks like everyone is having a great time! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I love these photos. I recall so vividly little G. when he was just a newborn baby...my goodness, where has the time gone?

Stefanie said...

You and Sarri are just way into soccer mom life right now, huh?! Super fun. We're doing gymnastics and maybe starting piano.

Gotta love afterschool stuff!