Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Big Molly.

Ever since my kids were babies, I've always sung them to sleep with a particular lullaby--Hush, Little Baby. I'm thinking, however, that it's time to change things up a bit. Quite frankly, it takes amazing stamina and patience to sing Molly girl anything! Here's a sampling of last night's butchered lullaby:

Me: "Hush, little baby..."
M: "No! Molly! Molly!"
Me: "Okay. Hush, little Molly..."
M: "No, Mama! I big Molly."
Me. "I know Molly, but that's just the words of the song. Hush, little Molly..."
M: "No! Big Molly!"
Me: "Okay (deep breath). Hush, big Molly, don't say a word..."
M: "Why, mom?"
Me: "I don't know Molly. That's just how the song goes."
M: "Oh."
Me: "Hush, big Molly..."
M: "Say 'big' again!"
Me: (deep breath) "Hush, big Molly...pause...don't say a word...pause...Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird..."

Needless to say, I was exhausted!!! And it's no wonder that Molly fell asleep, too, before the song was even over! That girl...

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Judy! Sarri taught me how to COMMENT, so after reading your blog for months, I can finally tell you what I think! Aren't you glad!!!? I love this Molly story! It sounds so much like Carter. Must be the age. So cute!!!!
Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Oh that is so cute, but part of me is sad for you that your "baby" is all grown up. :) Hope you all had a great Christmas.

dg said...

Judy, I just found your blog through Michelle and Tara. You're a GREAT story-teller and I've enjoyed the posts I've read so far. Your kiddos are adorable!!
Dayna