Sunday, December 7, 2008

LOL

This post is for me. Because when you read it, you probably won't think it's that funny. But on this particular day that I'm about to recount, I needed a good laugh. And low and behold, I got more than one!

Grayson and Garrett were on the couch having a "movie rest" (as we like to call it here at our house). How Home Alone got them talking about mummies is beyond me, but this was their conversation:

Garrett: "Grayson, do you know what a real mummy is?"
Grayson: "Yeah."
Garrett: "It's a guy all wrapped up in tape."
Grayson: "Tape?! What are you talking about, Garrett?! Don't you know it's TOILET PAPER?!"

And then later...I really should have known better on this one. A package from crazy8.com arrived on our doorstep. As Molly and I were looking at the couple of new outfits that I purchased for ridiculously low prices, she of course wanted to wear her new striped leggings right away. But I told her that it's best to wash new clothes first before you wear them. (See where this is headed?) Molly disappeared upstairs. With her leggings. And when I went to check on the little darling, there she was in the bathroom. With sopping wet "hand washed" leggings and a sink full of water. Too literal for her own good, that girl is. :)

And then dinnertime rolled around. The kids were eating chili and assorted veggies. As is usually the case, Molly was content to talk to herself.....ahem.....I mean her food. She often names it. We've seen many a carrot named Carter or Abby. Tonight was no exception. And apparently the carrots were getting ready to go swimming...at least that's what she said. But perhaps the chili was not conducive for carrots to swim in because the next thing we heard was, "Oh good, babies. Now you got your helmets on." And there they were. 3 carrot sticks standing at attention, waist high (assuming these carrots had waists) in chili with their olive helmets on. Toys? Who needs toys?!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love how literal kids can be when they are so young. Also, I can actually picture the little carrots standing at attention with their olive hats on waist high in chili. Very entertaining that girl must be!