Monday, October 6, 2008

October Already?

I'm not quite sure where September went. All I know is that one minute it was here, and now it's gone. I guess between soccer, school, and cold and flu bugs I lost track.

I wish I had more to blog about. Really I don't. Not even any new soccer pictures. Last weekend was our first game in the rain. You'd be proud of me. I stood out there in the wind and drizzle like a true soccer mom should--cheered my boy on and got over the fact that the 20 minutes I spent earlier that morning straightening my hair were all a big waste of time.

The only other things that come to mind from the past couple of weeks are the germ bugs that hit our house. I got my first cold (I know, you're captivated, aren't you?) and Molly was the unlucky recipient of the first flu bug to strike our family this school-year. Poor thing. It would be odd for a child to enjoy throwing up, but I have to say that on the spectrum of not liking it, Molly is WAY down at the end--like she REALLY does not like throwing up. For 2-3 days, whenever she thought about it, she absolutely FREAKED out. So let's just hope that she's not a child prone to tummy troubles because I don't think any of us at this house could handle it!

So that's how WE closed out September. But this:
This is how my very best friend from college closed out September. Isn't he beautiful? He entered the lives of Allison and Tom a little over a week ago on September 29th. And let me tell you...waiting to welcome this little guy into the world has been a long time coming. But well worth the wait! And there aren't 2 more deserving parents than Tom and Allison. If you 2 read this, I love you! And I can't tell you how happy I am for you! My heart is full.
Did I mention that little Andrew wasn't so little at birth? 10 pounds, 3 ounces! Allison doesn't see (or feel) the beauty of a c-section YET, but I keep telling her that she will! When baby #2 comes along, she will LOVE that c-section! :)
In case my blogging continues to be as infrequent as it has been of late, then I guess I better wish you all a Happy Fall! But I do promise to TRY to be more timely with my posts...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hi Ryan family! That was very sweet of you to include Andrew on your blog! We are so glad you came to visit and meet "lil" Andrew! He's now 10 lbs 11 oz! We love you guys! Tom, Allison, and Andrew