Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fabulous Fall Day

Yum. I love, love, LOVE days like today! It was a perfect fall day. The morning's crisp, cool air gave way to downright warm afternoon sun, and we headed to the pumpkin patch!

The pumpkin patch is always a milestone marker for me. Each year we go, and each year I can't help but think about previous years--the ages and stages of my kids, what they were doing, what they looked like, etc... It's fun to look back in pictures and find other years' versions of the same shots from today. It again reminds me just how big my kids are getting. For us, Heiser's Pumpkin Patch is a tradition 6 years in the making. Take a look:
2003
2004

2005

2006
2007
2008
And of course not to leave Molly girl out...
2006

2007
2008-When did a 2 year-old look so big?!

Here are a few more pics that I snapped today. It really was a glorius day out on the farm. We did it all--toured the barn, pet the animals, went down the slide, found our way thru the hay maze, rode on the wagon, picked our pumpkins, and topped it all off with fresh cider and pumpkin pie. Can't beat it!


Now just to find time in our crazy lives to actually carve our pumpkins!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Wow, that place looks very familiar!!! :) Looks like the Ryan's had a good time! Pumpkin Patches and this time of the year are one of my favorites too...so many memories. Darling photos!

Michelle said...

Such cute pics! Can't believe that time goes by so quickly. We went Pumpkin Patching this past weekend too. Always fun times!