Wednesday, October 22, 2008

facebook

Oh. My. Word. Do you people know about this? Of course you do. You're the ones who have been trying to get me to join for a long time now. Well let's just say that it has been my 'something new' this week. I resisted as long as I could. What more do you want from me?! I felt quite technologically savvy about a year ago when I jumped into the world of blogging. But really, did I need another way to keep up with my LOCAL friends who I run into all the time?! It was finally one of my best friends from childhood who convinced me to take the plunge. Thanks, Ash! And holy cow! I entered my name and just some basic information, and--poof!--the 'being' that is facebook automatically had 20+ "friends" for me! Huh. And pictures for me to see, too! In an instant. Just like that. I really shouldn't be awed by it, but I am! It's cool, but kind of scary, too. I mean--boom!--I enter that I went to Linfield, and 'it' pops up a picture of Brandon, who I really was friends with! How smart is that! And it's addictive! Because of course I have to see who the friends of my friends are! And pictures. Aren't they the best? All these "friends" from childhood and college--I've had a good giggle or 2. Time has not been kind to some! (Don't worry, I can take what I dish. After all, I'm 32 and I have braces!) And then there are the "friend" requests that I've been getting--the ones where you feel really bad because you're probably supposed to know or remember the person, but for the life of you...Yeah. And married names don't help. Oh and then there are 'pokes', 'superpokes', and 'flares'! I have no idea. 'Wall-to-wall'? Why is it called a 'wall'? 'Save an acre'? Oh I have so much to learn!

So bare with me you facebook friends! If I don't get to blogging as much, it's your fault! You told me to do "it"! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am SO glad I am not the only one that doesn't totally get Facebook. I really need some guidance. I know there must be so much you can do, but don't understand the "wall", "pokes", etc. I could be poking someone into a wall and having no idea what I just did. :) Anyway, happy facebooking. When you get it figured out, maybe you could share some tips.

Teresa said...

Funnily enough, you and I joined on the same day. I'm just as amazed and lost as you are. Just what I need is one more thing to suck my time away...