Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Sweet Molly

(Please ignore that this post showed up on January 28th. I was busy, people!)

I am fond of 7:37 a.m. At that time the day is just getting started, I've had at least 1 cup of coffee, and most days I get to spend the moment in the quiet of my empty classroom all by myself. Alone. It's 1 of the only minutes during the day that I'm by myself.

I'm particularly fond of 7:37 a.m. on January 27th, 2006. It was then that I got to meet my new, very tiny, sweet girl for the first time. I love remembering that moment, that day. While Molly's arrival was a huge event for our family, her actual birth was pretty uneventful. The most dramatic thing that I can remember is that Dr. H. (the pediatrician) somehow didn't get the memo that my c-section was scheduled for 7 a.m., so we all waited in the operating room for him to arrive--the anesthesiologist with his needle poised and ready. The rest...well I guess the doctors would call it "text book". Though I do remember a certain amount of hurriedness to get Little Miss on the scale because she looked so, so tiny. And, alas, she was! On her chart they rounded up to 6 pounds. The scale actually said 5 and 15.5 ounces. (How I, who has never ever been tiny, created a tiny baby, I do not know.)



Now Little Miss is 3.

How has it already been 3 years?! But at the same time, it's hard to remember life without her, like it was soooooooo long ago. She sure doesn't seem like a baby anymore. She's our big girl--our perfect, one-of-a-kind big girl. She's funny, she's feisty, and she has the strongest of wills! I think only Mom and Dad know the depth of her stubbornness. :) She neither gives up nor gives in! But her stubbornness is equaled by her sweetness. She'll "take you to the mat" one minute but then snuggle with you the next. And those eyes of hers! They are deep. But they twinkle. I can look in those eyes of hers and see such happiness, such joy, such innocence. My prayer for my girl is that she will never ever lose that twinkle. Ever.

So happy birthday, my sweet Molly! You are precious and perfect in every way. And loved by so many.


5? 3? She tried.

Molly's picks for the night:
Dinner at the "train restaurant"...

...and ice cream for dessert. What could be better?

One more present from Mom and Dad...

(Allison, does Abby really have a princess scooter?)


3 will be a great year for you, Molly Kate! xoxoxo

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love how excited she is about her scooter. Too cute! I can't believe she is 3 already either. Time flies by soooo fast. As parents of a strong willed, stubborn, loving and sweet girl, the stubborness will serve her well in the middle school years and beyond. :)

Robin said...

Precious times! I love how you ponder all these things in your heart.

Tara said...

This is such a cute post. It does seem like time has flown by. She is darling!

MEM said...

Hello,
Do you recall the little Glow Worm dolls from your childhood?
Newborn Molly looks just like one; all swaddled and sweet-faced.
Molly is precious and Abby loves being her friend. We hear all about their adventures.