Monday, January 5, 2009

South Beach

Unfortunately, NOT Miami. I wish! No, I'm talking 'Diet'. As in South Beach Diet. Which started today. Phase 1.

I know, I know, diets in general are only temporary fixes. They don't work unless you make lifelong changes and cut the bad habits. So I'm thinking of it more as sort of an eating 'boot camp'--a way to whip me back into my prior good...ahem...I mean better habits.

I'm sure it'll about kill me, which of course is what I've heard about real 'boot camp'. But I've done it before once, and I didn't die. And low and behold, it changed the way we eat around here! To this day. Only I've gotten a little lax as of late. Oops. So wish me luck. 14 days worth of it!

4 comments:

Sarri said...

Good luck!! I just can't do it.

But I am embarrassed to say what I am working towards. Because if I say it out loud then I really have to do it.

Paige Lomas said...

post the recipe already

CB said...

Hey, what about that other lifestyle commitment?!? You know, where I saw you every Monday and Wednesday evening...unfortunately where I teach now is not free to friends, but I (or should I say "we" as in Allison and Teresa, and I) miss having you in class. Maybe when jobs are more a for sure thing you can fit the $ in the monthly budget and the time in the weekly schedule!

Good luck on the 14-day "cleanse"!!!

Tara said...

What is this word you speak of? Diet? What is that? I must find a dictionary and read up on such a word. Or...just stay blissfully in the dark....HMMMM. :)