Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello, New Year.

In theory, I suppose we should all be living in such a way each day that would negate the need for new resolutions. We wouldn't need them because we'd get it right the first time. But I guess that would mean that we'd all be perfect, and...well...we certainly aren't. None of us. So, like them or not, here are my '09 resolutions...

It's time to be more intentional. No more "we should go to the pool" or "hey, we should go out to coffee sometime". Darn it! Let's go swimming and grab a cup of coffee! And friends, if I invite you to coffee, don't pencil me in 2 weeks later in your day planner! Friends should be able to find 45 minutes for one another. Right?

It's also time to be more service oriented. Our whole family. Because we are incredibly blessed people. And we could be using our time, talents, and resources to bless others. Not to say that 1 member of our family doesn't already utilize his gift of a giving spirit. I have always been inspired by my hubby's desire to help others. It's part of who he is. And I love that. Even if sometimes it means that I'm left in a car with screaming children while he lends a hand to every stuck vehicle he sees during a snowstorm. At least we have a good teacher in the service department. :)

And finally, something tells me that 2009 is going to be a big year. What kind of big? I don't know. But big in a way that's going to require me to step out of my comfort zone. In some way. Already God is making certain things uncomfortable. For a reason, I'm sure. Friendships have been and are being tested, but still I'm hopeful and trusting that thru all of it we will only come out stronger. A stronger family, stronger individuals, stronger Christians. And happy.

May your resolutions, too, lead you to a place of contentment. More than content, may you be joyful and fulfilled. Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year! And thanks to people like Dave, we were pulled out of being stuck three times on Christmas eve! Ryan was funny. He said "Oh great, now we'll never got hot chocolate cuz we're stuck!" Gotta love a boy with priorities!