Wednesday, November 12, 2008

lamentation

The other title I had in mind was 'blah, blah, blah' since I'm sure you're all getting sick of me lamenting over the fact that my kids are growing up much too fast! Don't get me wrong, they're so fun! I love them more than anything! But I also miss them like this:


Okay, so I have a zillion more flattering pictures of Li'l Sis, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to post those adorable chubby cheeks on my boy! Now THAT seems forever ago! And Molly, can you believe she was that tiny? Under 6 pounds when we brought her home. And perhaps not the right baby--look at that dark skin! (Kidding. She really is ours.)

And after this past weekend, I REALLY miss them (or at least one of them) like this:
Confined and content. Did I mention confined? In a crib. Oh, the crib. How I did love thee. Many nights over the past 5+ years have been spent standing over that crib--praying, singing, and watching my sweet babies sleep.

But Miss Molly, my almost 3 year-old, finally caught on. After all, her like-aged friends have been in regular beds for months now. So it was time. Sweet Sis wanted a "big girl" bed of her own. So while she napped in another room on Saturday, her bedroom underwent a transformation. Out with the old and dearly beloved:



And in with the new:

Grayson loved getting to help.
Bedroom (minus a few yet-to-arrive touches) compliments of ebay, Pottery Barn Kids, and jcp.com!
And how, you ask, has the transition been? Well let's just say that the pitter patter of little feet have graced our stairs far too often over the last few days. In other words, she does NOT stay in her bed!!! And we thought it was bad enough to have 1 child who wakes up at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. Now we have 2!!!
So forgive me, but I am off to take a nap!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Gee, 5 am, how exciting! How fun that she is in a big girl bed now. I'm sure she'll learn the big girl rules in no time at all and you guys can get your much needed sleep. :)

Sarri said...

So cute!!! Love it. We had to get Carter special pjs that are only for big boys who stay in their beds ALL NIGHT LONG.

It worked for a week or two. ha.

Paige Lomas said...

She looks like she loves it! LIttle girls and white furniture is just too cute! I am a bit jealous...

Stefanie said...

What a cute bedroom though! I am trying to hold onto that thought here too.

So you have two early risers - eek. What shall we do?