Tuesday, July 1, 2008

6:30 A.M. or Bust!

Sunday, June 22nd - I am an obsessive planner, especially when it comes to vacations. Just ask my husband. He'll tell you that I had an index card for each day with a detailed itinerary on it. And Sunday's itinerary necessitated that we get to McD's by 6:15 a.m. so that we could be in line for our 'Magic Morning' (a.k.a. early entry) by 6:30 a.m. so that we could ride Peter Pan and Dumbo first thing with relatively short waits. And, huh, wouldn't you know it, but apparently most people on VACATION do not get up at 5:30 in the morning like we did. That meant we practically had Fantasyland to ourselves for probably over an hour. So fun! Not only did we get on Peter Pan and Dumbo once, but I think we did each ride 3 times...along with all of the other ones. Waking up early was DEFINITELY worth it! Don't waste your 'Magic Mornings', people!


Can you tell they're excited?!

What a good sport Daddy was! But look at that smile--I think he liked it!

Ah, the good ol' teacups...right after eating McD's...

After touring Fantasyland and hitting a few rides in Tomorrowland, we headed over to Toontown with hopes of seeing Mickey and Minnie so that Molly could make good on her 1
wish--"Me give Mickey a hug."

Well we did see Mickey and Minnie. And we got some really cute pictures:
Notice anyone missing? Sad but true, but this was Molly:
Poor girl. Apparently the anticipation took it out of her. Ha! Ha! When she did wake up, we went back for a second visit with the mice.

But perhaps hugging a mouse is overrated after all. A death grip around Daddy's neck is
better. :)

Okay, moving on. It was almost time for lunch, so we headed toward Main Street and the Carnation Cafe. On our way I decided to make use of Disneyland's awesome baby care center. If you have young ones, you really should take advantage of it. There are lots of chairs for nursing, changing tables, small potties, etc... And it's all free to use (a Disney rarity!). Anyway, while I was changing Molly on one of the tables, she somehow got ahold of her pants and threw them. The odds are good that they'd just fall on the floor, right? But in this case she managed to throw them right into this toilet like thing...which wasn't really a toilet but maybe is used to wash/rinse out dirty cloth diapers??? I have no idea. All I know is that it wasn't just a sink because it had a flush handle thing and was filled with water. Ick, I had to fish them out. Now you'd think that because I am an obsessive planner I would have extra clothes for Miss Mols in the diaper bag (and believe me, after this incident I did) but on this day, I did not. So our girl got to dine in her Huggies.

Unfortunately for the rest of the restaurant patrons, Eeyore came to visit during lunch. Molly was NOT impressed and let out a terrible shrieking scream each time he got within 20 feet.



Now if you could only see and hear the OTHER side of the table!

Following our loud but yummy lunch, it was time to head back to the hotel for an afternoon break. After all, it was probably like 95 degrees at this point. Ugh. Thank goodness for A/C!

That evening, after a quick stop off in A Bug's Land, we made the trek to The Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. Usually the food is never anything to write home about, but this time Dave and I both thought our dinners were DELISH! Plus, we just think it's a fun atmosphere, and of course Grayson managed to score a few more beloved 'little animals'.

What a fun, fun first full day. And it's really good that I'm 'journaling' it all now because already I have no idea what we did after dinner that first night!!! Hmmm...

4 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. We have been talking about you guys a LOT at our house. Abby is really anxious to see Molly and "see her pictures." Where did that come from??

Michelle said...

Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more about it. But seriously, is ANYTHING worth getting up at 5:30 in the morning for??? Um, let me think, uh....NO! I am a HUGE Disneyland fan and so are the kids, but none of us could get roused at that hour. We are more the "late nighters closing the park down" kind of people.

Sarri said...

So SO SO fun!!!

Robin said...

I'm living my life vicariously through your wonderful Disney vacation. I am a Disney girl for sure! I cannot wait to take Tyler and Ava Claire on their first trip to see the Mouse!