Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Page 244

In case you're wondering, that's what page I'm on in the book I'm reading (Where the Heart Is). So what do you think of that, friends?! Huh? Huh? Yesterday at the party I was on Chapter 4, and now I'm up to Chapter 25! But I don't know how you girls do it without totally ignoring your children?!? Admittedly I was so immersed in the drama of my book that I didn't care that Molly was wiping her sticky, peach juice covered hands all over the couch, I pretended not to notice that Grayson was climbing over the back of the furniture, and I ignored the fact that it was almost 10 o'clock and both kids were still up. It was only thanks to Dave that a wet diaper got changed, jammies went on, teeth got brushed, and 2 darlings got tucked in and kissed goodnight. Hmm, I can imagine that my uninvolvedness won't fly too many nights in a row. Guess I better finish this book FAST!

6 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so proud of you. Shall we discuss the hidden symbolism? Ha-ha. John can sympathize with Dave on this issue--that exact scene has played out more than a few times at our house!

Paige Lomas said...

I should start reading some good novels and not just pregnancy books...I think it will be a long time before reading for pleasure will come into play in our lives! Yikes...your post scared me a bit. No turning back now.

Michelle said...

Good for you! I never get a chance to read unless we are on a relaxing vacation, so this past couple of weeks I read Randy Pausch's inspiring "The Last Lecture". It was really good and at only 208 pages a super easy and fast read. It is inspiring how he is trying to leave a lasting legacy for his family. Last vacation it was "When God Winks" about how coincidences are really "God-incidences". Really great reading.

Sarri said...

Nice!!! The bulk of my reading gets done when we are gone, after the kids are asleep, or at naptime. Or those rare moments when all 3 are playing together!

Stefanie said...

You are so funny!

Did I tell you about the series I'm just finishing up?

It's the Redemption, Firstborn, and Sunrise series by Karen Kingsbury. They are great...I have the first 5 if you are interested:)

I mostly read on vacations, when we're driving or they're napping...isn't hard to find the time otherwise?

Andrea said...

Hey!! I love catching up on your blog! Your kids are so sweet I wanna kiss their chubby cheeks! Any words of wisdom before I jump into the world of kindergarten? I am so excited!!

The first month or so after I was done with school all I did was sit on the couch and read for fun because I hadn't done it in four years! I figure I might as well enjoy it while I still can:).