Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rebound Beach (continued)

Can I just say that the Pacific Ocean where it meets the Oregon coastline is COLD! In fact, if I was one who cursed, I would use an expletive before the word cold! But I knew this. My intellect told me such. Yet somehow I managed to idealize Oregon beaches, thinking that maybe, just maybe the temperature of the icy cold water had risen since our last visit. It has not. But we wanted so badly for it to feel like the waters off the shores of San Diego! So that's why I termed the beach at Lincoln City our 'rebound' beach. We needed (okay, wanted) it to fill the void we've felt since returning home from the white sandy beaches of sunny California (being over-dramatic here for literary purposes). And we almost felt fulfilled. Okay, no, that's a lie. Our Oregon beaches will NEVER compare to those down south! Was it sunny? Yes. Was the sand white? Yes. Was it warm? NO! It's amazing how 68 degrees can feel like 48 degrees when that stinkin' wind blows!

But 2 kids I know had a grand time. The adults in the group? Perhaps not so much.

Also this past Saturday we visited the Oregon Coast Aquarium. That, I must say, was much more enjoyable. By the way, Dave's mom, Pearl, and his brother, Craig, have been visiting us the last several days. The next few pictures are ones that I know my Ryan readers will enjoy. I kept everyone busy! (But dare I say that not everyone was a fan of my tour guide/"event" planning prowess!) No doubt I would have been fired by paying customers. But you know me--planner, planner, planner! Besides, who wants to waste these lazy days of summers actually being lazy?!! :) We hit the local Farmer's Market, had a picnic at the park, spent an evening at the Downtown Festival (formerly known as TurkeyRama), and then of course enjoyed a day over on the coast.
















Check out the look on Miss Molly's face! So funny. But rest assured, both kids are big fans of their Uncle Craig!

**Edited to add--Man, this post could be full of expletives. Photobucket thus far is NOT my friend! If you only knew how long I tried to get that blankety-blank slideshow to work! Obviously I wasn't entirely successful because I had to create 2 posts. Ggrrr!

1 comment:

Sarri said...

Fun day!

Yay- you did it! (Slideshow!) How did you finally get it to work? looks good!