Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Shampoo, Mama, Shampoo!"

Translate that to "Shamu"--we spent Thursday, June 26th at SeaWorld.


I hadn't been to SeaWorld in 10 years, but I remembered loving it. I just love all of the animals and the shows. It makes me get all ooey-gooey and dream about what it would be like to be an animal trainer and I think to myself, "Oh maybe I should have gone to school to be a marine biologist or something." Ha! Ha! Me! The one who won't even give in and get so much as a goldfish for a pet! So I'm fairly certain, in fact I KNOW, that it's just temporary insanity. I mean, really, can you even imagine me in a wetsuit?! Dreadful thought.

So because I love SeaWorld, I really wanted my kids to also. And they did, but I think we were all a bit hindered by the fact that we were SO tired. But we persevered, made it to almost all of the shows, and in the end had another great day (minus the one monster fit that Molly thru over ice cream and the fact that she didn't get any because she BIT her brother and left a mark that looked more like one of the sharks had jumped out and attacked Grayson!)


This, obviously, was pre- "shark" bite, but too cute to leave out!

For me, the day's 2 highlights were getting to eat breakfast with Shamu and feeding the dolphins. The breakfast I had reserved in advance, and we literally got to sit right at the edge of the whale's pool. It was cool. One of the trainers gave a little spiel, answered lots of questions, and then interacted with Shamu and got him to do all sorts of tricks. I'll admit, at first it was a bit unnerving to be taking a bite of eggs and all of sudden have a whale (and his big mouth) pop up right beside you!






This was my dolphin friend. I fed him (or her?) 3 fish. I was scared for my fingers, but luckily I still have all 10!

Here are some other shots from the day:

Molly clapped her little heart out. So cute.

Notice there's a guy up there! Again, temporary insanity to think that I would/could actually do that. :)


That polar bear was HUGE!

It was another fun, beautiful day in sunny California!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I think you got your first spam! You have arrived. I loved reading your travel blog. It is so fun to hear all the details. After our next Disney trip, I want to plan a trip to San Diego--I'll have to get tips from you!
See you soon!