Monday, July 28, 2008

Kid Train!







Yay! Just when I was feeling bad about not taking any pictures at our bbq this past weekend, low and behold I found these 3 on my camera! Thanks, Dave!

I don't know why, but for one reason or another we haven't barbecued much this summer. Clearly we'll have to remedy that because the kids had a ball and did such a good job playing TOGETHER. And the whole time while I was sitting and visiting with my friends, I was thinking about how different it was last summer. Last summer we had a BABY--one who was still getting used to her walking legs. (Can you believe that our budding gymnast/kamikazee stunt woman didn't walk 'til she was 16 months old?!)




A year changes them SO much at this age!

Yes, last summer we were constantly chasing our girl--saving her from impending danger and fishing rocks and wood chips out of her mouth. This year we...SIT! And visit with friends! (And look over once in awhile to make sure that she hasn't managed to reach the top of the rope ladder...) It's kind of a mixed bag, isn't it? I love that my kids are becoming so independent, but I sure do miss those chubby cheeks and unsteady legs!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

They grow up too fast! It is bittersweet isn't it:)

I love getting a chance to relax, especially when you don't expect to, and it just happens - hurray.

Michelle said...

That last picture reminds me of when Courtney was just a little tiny girl! Wow, time flies by so, so fast! Gotta love the kid trains on the slide!