Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mr. Toad and Mole...

Moleskin, that is. Thanks to the nice lady standing behind us in line who noticed me going thru my daily band-aid application ritual and took pity on me, I was introduced to the product that is Moleskin. And boy am I a fan now! It has been added to my ever growing list of "don't leave home without it" items. Yes, I must admit that on this trip I was the one with the blisters. Usually it's me taking care of everyone else's ailments--skinned knees, chapped lips, tummy aches, headaches, etc--but this time around my family had to listen to ME moan and groan, especially each time my darn band-aids fell off! But then the nice lady insisted I take her Moleskin and all was well from there on out. So I'll move on...

Monday, June 23rd - Let's see, our morning didn't start quite as early on this day, but still early. I think we were in line by 7:30 a.m. And once again, it was straight to Dumbo!



This morning was also our character breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn on Main Street. My hope (when planning) was that Molly would have warmed up to the characters by this point, having had an entire day to see them and watch Grayson interact with them, but not so much. How dare she not act in accordance to my plans! Ha! Ha! Dave "enjoyed" the entire breakfast with an appendage stuck to him--a 26 pound appendage that kept trying to climb over his shoulders to escape the big bad Pooh bear!



All in all it was a lot of fun though. On past trips we had done breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. Minnie's breakfast was not as lively, but it was nice that it was right in the park , and we didn't have to walk to the Disneyland Hotel. Plus, we all know how much Molly adores her Minnie (in theory, anyway)!

After breakfast (which was more like brunch) it was time to hit Splash Mountain before heading back to the hotel for nap time. For months I had been trying to talk Grayson into riding it with me. We watched several You Tube videos, and I think that he was almost convinced...until he got up to it and saw that big drop again. Nope, there would be no talking him into it. So Dave and I each went solo and both got drenched! Back to the hotel we went to swim, shower, and then rest.

For dinner that night we ate at the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It's hecka expensive but way cool. We all enjoyed watching the boats go by as we ate. Also, we watched the guy at the table right next to us propose to his girlfriend. Super sweet, but I hope they won't be sad when they see that our little family is in EVERY single one of their pictures!

After dinner we went to stake out a spot for the parade. We got great seats, and the kids absolutely loved watching all of the floats and characters go by. That's one image that I never want to forget--the look of awe and wonder in Molly's eyes as she watched. Too precious, and it made the whole trip worthwhile. Really, it did.


And the sweetest thing was when Mickey saw Molly blow him a kiss, he caught it, and then he blew one right back.


At some point, either before or after the parade, we caught up with Alice. The whole trip Grayson was absolutely smitten with the ladies! Just wait 'til you see the princess pictures! A little flirt, I tell you!

Oh and by the way, in reference to the "Mr. Toad" title, it became a new favorite ride on this trip. We rode it A LOT.

2 comments:

Sarri said...

So cute! I'm sorry your Keens gave you blisters though- no fun!! :(

It sounds like you guys had so much fun!

Allison said...

I had no idea that I had a sister in the blister world! My malformed feet are a big pain-literally. I only got one blister from my Keens in DC, and two kind of red spots. Not bad for me. . . Loving your posts, by the way!